Telephony solution for machine-to-machine communications
Our client's machine-to-machine infrastructure relied on a 3rd party telephony vendor to handle both TCP/IP data communications and SMS messaging. The underlying technology used by the vendor was phased out.
- Extend our client's infrastructure to support additional telephony vendors on an installation-by-installation basis.
- Prevent lock-in by using a new system that aggregates services with multiple cellular network providers.
- Deploy an SMS endpoint (ESME) that creates and manages separate connections to messaging service centers (SMSCs) for both outbound and inbound SMS.
- Develop a supporting set of interfaces for sending messages and processing incoming messages.
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs to provide a web interface for managing SIM card inventory to activate SIMs, track SMS and data usage levels, and provision SIMs for use in custom end hardware.